Saturday, May 15, 2010

Supportive friends

The cup runneth over. And then some. In life, when you have more than you need, what does a suddenly single gal do with the overflow?


I pondered this question when I saw T back in March. We were away for the weekend and she was all done up and falling out. I thought she would tip over actually. For a 5'7" gal, wearing 4” heels, and being over forty, she took huge risks with her person. And I would know. You simply cannot teeter on stilts with your tits up to your chin, blocking your view of the hazards your feet will find. You gotta tuck them boobies in and aim your feet very carefully.


But T wasn't aware of this sage wisdom of mine. I’ve been big boobied for a long time and have learned how to deal with those obstacles. And by obstacles I’m referring to the boobs. They get in the way of everything: doors, steering wheels, tables, golf swings, serious conversations with the opposite sex who can't seem to look above the collar bone. But they are fun {wink.}


One of T’s friends took her bra shopping “you gotta shine a light on your own star, girl”. At first she was skeptical, after all she’d had two kids and her little girls were no longer sitting upright in class if you know what I mean. But, with a fresh look on

life, she decided what the hay, give it a try. Grabbed her Coach bag, flipped her big hair, and walked into Victoria's Secret.



Her friend introduced her to a bra called “Miraculous” and it lived up to its name. She turned molehills into mountains. The bra was outstanding. Her little girls grew up fast! With a big smile, and even bigger girls behind the wheel, she took them out for a test drive. Traffic came to a stop. Collisions ensued. T giggled. Decided to buy a couple more, "I never knew they could do this". And by they, she meant the girls...

It’s been a rough year for my gal pal and sometimes girls just need a little lift here and there. I found the answer to my pondering about cups that runneth over. In bras as well as life, the excess we sometimes get from the support we have is the only way we know that we’re doing something pretty darn good and special. It reminds me of all that is generous. I say let your cups runneth over ladies.

1 comment:

  1. With a lifetime to master the overflowing cups, I understand. Sounds like we have much in common. And your T sounds a lot like my Jennie. ;)

    ReplyDelete